September 2019—March 2020
Agriconsulting Europe S.A., Italy
National REDD+ Strategy and Strategic Environment and Social Assessment (SESA) for the REDD+ Mechanism in Thailand (CS-6), REDD+ Readiness Implementation Support Project.
Forest Carbon Partnership Facility financed
Two missions totalling 5.5 man-months. Main outputs were:
- Section 3 Analysis of Proximate Causes of Deforestation and Forest Degradation of the Drivers Report.
- Contributions to the Strategic Objectives and the section on the Safeguard Information System of the National REDD+ Strategy.
- information collection for the SESA, including stakeholder consultations in the field.
- Facilitating the onset of the development of the Safeguard Information System (SIS).
- Screening of the proposed REDD+ Strategy measures vis-à-vis the environmental safeguards.