EU Project Co-Manager for the Phu Khieo project
January 2004 – September 2007
IP consult, Germany
EU Project Co-Manager
Sustainable Management of Phu Khieo Wildlife Sanctuary through Community Participation Project, Chaiyaphum province
Royal Forestry Department
Project: improving management of Phu Khieo Wildlife Sanctuary and decreasing pressure on protected area resources. As EU Co-manager tasks and responsibilities included (non-exhaustively):
- Project planning and management, work plan preparation, procurement and tender management, budget management, ToR development, reporting, logframe review, audits.
- Leading and managing international and national advisors.
- M&E establishment, including behavioural indicators measuring residents’ change in attitude and behaviour.
- Technical advice on protected area management plan development and buffer zone livelihood development.
- Relating with the donor.
- Relations with project partners and beneficiaries.
- Management of small grant facility for livelihood initiatives by buffer zone residents, including selection process and criteria development
- On the job training.
- Advice on development of cooperation framework between eight protected areas constituting the Western Isan Forest Complex.