August 2008 – February 2010
Chief Technical Advisor
Nature Conservation & Sustainable Natural Resource Management in Phong Nha-Ke Bang Region, Vietnam project, KfW component
Department of Planning and Investment (DPI), Quang Binh province
German Ministry for Development Cooperation channelled through Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW)
- Maintaining project coherence and strategic planning;
- Cooperation and coordination with the GTZ implemented component;
- ToR development, canvassing, procurement, financial management, budgeting, reporting, M&E development;
- Technical advice on aspects such as (best practices in) protected area planning, law enforcement improvement, biodiversity surveys and monitoring, forestry and community forestry, land use planning, buffer zone development planning, micro-credit development.
- MoU development between projects, and between project and local government.
- Leading and managing international and national advisors.
- Staff management and team building.
- Provision of counterpart training needs assessment and training.
- Building strategic alliances between and relating with project partners (Project Management Unit, PNKB National Park, Provincial People’s Committee, other projects, NGOs, donors, others).
- Representing the Project on various occasions and networking with other national and international projects, institutions, and organizations.
- Assessing PNKB NP management effectiveness (applying the World Bank / WWF protected area tracking tool (or Management Effectiveness Tracking Tool (METT)).
- Commenting on Sustainable Tourism Development plan, and participation in Sustainable Tourism Development planning workshop.