The Phllippines / ASEAN Member Countries
November 2017 – Present
Specialist in Transboundary Protected Area Management
Biodiversity Conservation and Management of Protected Areas in ASEAN (BCAMP)
Intermittent short term missions. The project concerns improving the management of protected area management in ASEAN, in particular those of ASEAN Heritage Parks (AHPs), and assessing and improving AHP selection process. The project base is in the ASEAN Center for Biodiversity (ACB), Los Banos, the Philippines, in which ASEAN vested AHP administration and monitoring, Missions included to date work shops in Thailand and Malaysia, and protected area assessments in Malaysia. Specific tasks included to date:
- Reviewing AHP Selection Criteria
- Initial drafting of AHP pilot site selection criteria.
- Preparation of data collection tools on management of selected protected areas.
- Assessing two Malaysian candidate ASEAN Heritage Parks.
- Resource person for workshops on protected area management.