Technical Advisor protected area management
August 2015 – Present
Technical Advisor, protected area management
Avoidance of deforestation and forest degradation in the border area of Southern Laos and central Vietnam for the long-term preservation of carbon sinks and biodiversity (“CarBi Project”)
Protected are management component leader. Tasks include (non-exhaustive):
- Technical advice on protected area management, Payment of Forest Ecosystem Services (PFES), and forest restoration.
- Facilitation, guidance, and application of adaptive management for project implementation of the Protected Area, forest restoration and REDD/PFES components.
- Contribute to the development of sustainable financing of the Protected Area component.
- Mentoring and capacity building of project team.
- Staff performance assessments.
- Facilitation of work plans and reports; budgeting.
- Proposal development.
- Extracting and drafting Lessons Learnt briefs and papers.